Tuesday, October 25, 2011

How do I clutch/gas drive a manual car in reverse?

Ive been driving a manual for a few months now and nobody seems to know the exact way to reverse a manual car. I was taught to release the clutch fully in a gear. If i do that in reverse the car's torque kicks in and goes berserk. My car is parked at my house on a long driveway. How do I back out?How do I clutch/gas drive a manual car in reverse?Reverse is usually the same ratio (or close) as first, just in the opposite direction. So however you let you the clutch from a stop going forward, roughly the same in reverse.



Whoever told you to dump the clutch when in reverse is a complete moron and has obviously never driven a manual car or truck.How do I clutch/gas drive a manual car in reverse?Hit the clutch, shift it in reverse, stay light on the clutch and be aware of the height of it, then slowly hit the gas, and enjoyHow do I clutch/gas drive a manual car in reverse?You will find this to be much easier, get out of the car and push it. I hope this helps.How do I clutch/gas drive a manual car in reverse?i drive a manual



press in the clutch and put it in gear

slowly let out the clutch

just as your rpm goes down lightly give it some gas

and let the clutch out until the clutch is all they way out



if done successfully the car will start to roll slowly then pick up speed until the clutch is all they way out



holding the clutch half way for the intirety of the reverse period will destroy your clutchHow do I clutch/gas drive a manual car in reverse?Put it in reverse, let the clutch out all the way, dont touch the clutch again till you are ready to stop, but dont give it much gas, take it easyHow do I clutch/gas drive a manual car in reverse?. find a wide open parking with no other cars or people not even a Buddy, experiment and find a way that's smooth for you easy on the gas ease out on clutch . You will get down good luckHow do I clutch/gas drive a manual car in reverse?exact same procedure for starting out in first gear.How do I clutch/gas drive a manual car in reverse?LISTEN TO PMACK. YOU CAN'T OPEN THE CLUTCH ALL THE WAY IN REVERSE UNLESS U HAVE SERIOUS ROOM AROUND YOU AND U WANT TO DO ABOUT 15-20MPH GOING BACKWARD. KEEP UR FOOT ON THE CLUTCH AND SLOWLY EASE UP ON IT WHILE GIVING THE GAS SLIGHT PRESSURE. DUMPING THE CLUCTH IN REVERSE IS JUST A BAD IDEA. BEEN DRIVING STICK FOR YRS NOW IN BOTH CARS AND TRUCKS, NEVER HAD TO REPLACE A TRANS PART ON THEM.