Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Cost to fix throw-out bearing on my 89 Toyota Corolla?

I have a 1989 Toyota Corolla 5-speed manual transmission. I will eventually have to replace the clutch, that's another story. I need to know how much it will cost to replace/fix the Throw-out bearing.

Thanks!Cost to fix throw-out bearing on my 89 Toyota Corolla?I believe that on your Toyota the engine and transmission must be completely removed from the car to replace the throwout bearing. The labor charge will probably be about $1,000 to do that. You may as well replace the clutch and pressure plate at the same time because the labor would only be a few dollars more than the throwout bearing alone and the parts are inexpensive compared to the labor.Cost to fix throw-out bearing on my 89 Toyota Corolla?Should be about $200Cost to fix throw-out bearing on my 89 Toyota Corolla?If you buy a clutch kit and throw-out bearing you're looking at around $300 depending of course on what kind of clutch kit you get.



After that the labor will take about 4-5 hours... so the price will depend on where you live.



Mechanics are anywhere from $40-$100 bucks per hour depending on the area.



If you're in a metro area... expensive... if you're in the middle of nowhere... cheaper.