Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How do I know what type of clutch my car has?

I have a 1998 honda civic. I am worried because I think that my clutch is going bad. The problem is that I have never had clutch problems before so I don't know where to start. I can't figure out wheather it is a hydraulic clutch or a cable clutch. Is there a way I can find out? I can't find anything that says clutch fluid in the engine so I don't know what to do.How do I know what type of clutch my car has?easiest way would be to look at the transmission bell housing and if you see a cable going to the throw out actuator or a hydraulic line and slave cylinder, but what your going to do with this information is beond me as your obviously not capable of doing a clutch job yourself. if you plan to go buy the parts yourself and bring them to a shop to try and save a few bucks you'll be lucky to have saved $20 bucks if you can even find a shop to install them, as most wont due to warranty issues.How do I know what type of clutch my car has?If you have a hydraulic clutch, there should be a small fluid reservoir near your brake fluid reservoir.



If not you probably have a cable. Get a SHOP manual and you will remove all doubt.