Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How to keep working the clutch plate for a longer period ? What should be the safety measures ?

How to keep working the clutch plate for a longer period ? What should be the safety measures ?How to keep working the clutch plate for a longer period ? What should be the safety measures ?Keep your foot off the clutch pedal as much as possible and you will be doing the best. However, I must admit that I almost always keep the pedal depressed when at a light and yet I have never seen premature clutch wear. I have replaced clutches that came with used cars, but never wore out one I installed. After 150k I have replaced a clutch as matter of maintenance but the lining still had almost all of its thickness.

My conclusion is the complaints about premature clutch wear are all coming from the people who race, make jackrabbit starts, violent shifts and other noisy habits. It you drive sanely, the clutch is never a problem. One other point, if it is adjustable it must be kept in adjustment--otherwise, trouble.