Friday, June 3, 2011

How can I flush my clutch master cylinder?

I'm replacing my clutch and slave cylinder due to a leak in the slave cylinder, which drew lots of clutch dust and crud into the system, making the fluid dark and cloudy. Since brake fluid is water soluble, can hosing it out, running the fluid through again and then letting it dry work? Should I replace my master cylinder completely?How can I flush my clutch master cylinder?do not flush it out with water, that will damage the system. brake fluid is not water soluble, but it is hygroscopic. it absorbs water very easily. my self i use a jar with a small piece of a hose in it that fits over the bleeder valve, and just crack that bleeder loose. keep the clutch master cylinder full and pump the brakes slowly with the cap on. i do this to bleed brakes or master cylinders also. it works well.How can I flush my clutch master cylinder?yes rebuild or replace it . you will bleed it just as you would as if you were doing your brakes . most of the time you can get remanufacturedone for like 30 or40 usd