Friday, June 3, 2011

What is the life expectancy of a clutch?

I drive an 07 eclipse GS 2.4L 4 CY 5 speed. Its an average car with not alot of power, I am trying to determine how long my clutch will last. I drive normal most the time, and sometimes rev and shift hard. Moderate city traffic, lots of highway driving.What is the life expectancy of a clutch?There's really not a good way to predict the life of a clutch. Much like brakes, your service will depend much on your style of driving. However, the clutch isn't used much in highway driving, so I would expect that you should get many years of service out of that clutch; I'd bet you get tired of the car long before the clutch needs replacing.What is the life expectancy of a clutch?my wife 97 eclipse has 200K miles on it and is still on the first clutchWhat is the life expectancy of a clutch?100.000 to 150.000What is the life expectancy of a clutch?How long is a piece of string? It depends. If you are one of those that keeps you left foot on the clutch all the time (but I'm really not pushing it!) and drive aggressively, not long. If you keep your foot on the floor until it's time to actually use the clutch, and drive normally, years. With highway driving it goes up to top gear and pretty much stays there, and there is no wear at all then of course.What is the life expectancy of a clutch?All depends on how you use it. Someone who rides it or abuses it will destroy it in a few thousand miles. I had 115k miles on my Mazda when I sold it with the original clutch. Ive got over 50k miles on this car.



Lots of highway driving means you aren't shifting it so it will last much longer than someone who spends all day in stop and go traffic.What is the life expectancy of a clutch?My first vehicle was a 1990 Isuzu Trooper, and it's clutch got 13 years, or about 150,000 miles. I should expect that is fairly standard.What is the life expectancy of a clutch?depends how you drive it.. mine lasted 130k miles but it had a previous owner. I dont know how she drove it.