Friday, June 3, 2011

How do you adjust the clutch on a Nissan Sentra 2001?

I recently started having problems with the clutch. The friction point is getting higher up on the pedal. I thought the clutch itself could be worn out, but I don't have any other symptoms of a worn clutch: no trouble shifting, shifting and engaging/disengaging does not make any weird noises, the engine does not rev when I accelerate, etc. Thanks to anyone who can help me on this one.How do you adjust the clutch on a Nissan Sentra 2001?Check the fluid in the reservoir next to master cylinder. Should be 1/2 to 3/4 full. If it is up to level, then the slave cylinder or master cylinder for slave may be going bad.How do you adjust the clutch on a Nissan Sentra 2001?A common symptom of a worn out clutch is that it engages very high on the range of pedal. Having a hydraulic clutch means there is no adjustment. Just be easy on it and start saving. The parts are about $200, but the labor is about $500. Good luck.How do you adjust the clutch on a Nissan Sentra 2001?It sounds like the slave cylinder in my opinion. I would recommend getting a service manual for your Sentra. I recently replaced the slave cylinder in my 02 GXE and it wasn't that bad. I bought the part from Advanced Auto for around 40 bucks and the service manual from promanuals dot net for 20 bucks. It has a huge troubleshooting section so you can kind of gauge the problem better. It helped me better than my Haynes and Chilton manuals. My clutch is still hanging in there although I may have to change that soon.
  • ie
  • bird
  •