Friday, June 3, 2011

How do I make the clutch pedal softer on my civic?

I have a 1996 honda civic ex and my clutch is hard?and when you have to drive in traffic for a while it becomes a pain in the rear?is there any way to adjust the clutch so that it can be pushed easier? Anything that will make it softer will help?br>
ThanksHow do I make the clutch pedal softer on my civic?If you really think it is too stiff, take it to a Honda dealer and have them adjust the cable located on the foot pedal. The procedure is complicated for internet advice. They probably won't charge much and they will be able to tell if your actual clutch is the culprit. Example the clutch engages when you barely let the pedal up off the floor.How do I make the clutch pedal softer on my civic?its time to replace it.How do I make the clutch pedal softer on my civic?yOU WILL HAVE TO CHANGE THE ENGAGEMENT PART OR YOUR CABLEHow do I make the clutch pedal softer on my civic?Not really any adjustment to make pedal easier to push.. Most times, a stiff pedal indicates a bad pressure plate, but if you replace the pressure plate you should replace your clutch disc and throw out bearing also. Basically put a new clutch in and she should depress easy as pie..How do I make the clutch pedal softer on my civic?About the only thing that you can do is get a softer clutch return spring, IF......... such a thing exists for your civic. It's a spring that attaches to the clutch and is anchored to the transmission to let the petal move into the %26quot;Up%26quot; position.

Most of the time you're pretty much stuck with the OEM part. Sometimes the aftermarket makes replacement parts for cars.



Try using the center of your foot, near the arch (instead of the end, by your toes) to push in the clutch petal. It cuts down on the fatigue factor.How do I make the clutch pedal softer on my civic?There's no easy/cheap way to do it. When you replace your clutch, you can get a weaker clutch cover/pressure plate, but that's about it. Just drive it a lot, get your leg stronger. It's cheaper than paying someone to drop the tranny and do clutch work.