Friday, June 3, 2011

How to install a clutch in a 1983 Dodge Ram?

I can't afford to take the truck to a mechanic, so I am doing it myself. I need step by step directions on how to install a clutch in my 1983 dodge ram.How to install a clutch in a 1983 Dodge Ram?is it 2 wheel drive or 4 wheel drive or what,you need to provide that information then i can tell you step by step how to change it out,and having a repair manual around really helps on that one,you,ll need one anyway for the torque specifications on that one,and you don't have to worry about getting off a notch on installing a clutch it makes no difference on those,i have changed enough to know that,good luckHow to install a clutch in a 1983 Dodge Ram?Get the manual and for God's sake get a forward motion tool. The only cost about ten bucks but they are imperative.

This tool fits in the hole where the Transmission comes out of and keeps the flywheel aligned with the motor so when the clutch and tranny are reattached the gears will engage properly.

some people try to get by with out it but if you screw it up more than one notch it will not shift; period.

I had my Toyota done by a local shop and they skimped and I had to spend an extra day without my ride because it was off one notch. That means each time I shifted it hung and I had to wiggle it into gear.

Might as well not have syncro-mesh.

i had to do my Bug-Eye Sprite in a Snowstorm once but it is small and so it only took three hours.

Be sure you do not do this alone; you could become trapped below the engine or transmission and get crushed and it is not worth it.How to install a clutch in a 1983 Dodge Ram?your best bet is to go to the auto parts store and buy a Chiltons or Haynes repair manual for your car. I always get one for every car I own.