Monday, September 19, 2011

Can I fix my clutch on my 1994 Explorer Sport?

Having trouble with my clutch! The clutch will work fine for a while when I drive, but after a while when I push the clutch it will go all the way to the floor and will not engage so I can't get the car into gear. Any ideas about what might be wrong and how to fix it? Thanks in advance!Can I fix my clutch on my 1994 Explorer Sport?Sounds like your loosing brake fluid from the hydaulic clutch system. The clutch master cylinder or the slave cylinder is leaking fluid. The slave cylinder is inside the trans bellhousing and can only be replace by removing the transmission. If not loosing fluid the clutch master cylinder may be bypassing fluid inside of it. Clutch master cylinder leaks where the pushrod goes into it from the clutch pedal, so you will have to get up under the dash to see if its leaking there. If the slave cylinder is leaking there should be brake fluid dripping off the front bottom of the bellhousing of the trans. Heat from the exhaust will cause air bubbles in the hydraulic system, so make sure the tube between the master and slave is not to close to the exhaust. This system is self adjusting. It is also possible to have a bad clutch pressure plate.Can I fix my clutch on my 1994 Explorer Sport?check slave cylinder free play cold drive around for a bit re check free play should be the sameif changed as in no free play may be air in system. next check clutch master cylinder for peddal free play should move 1/2%26quot; if hydrulic system check fluid condition not black %26amp;contaminated