Monday, September 19, 2011

How do I ride a dirtbike with a clutch?

My %26quot;friends%26quot; are being jerks about teaching me about how to ride a dirtbike with a clutch. So they are going around on my friends dirtbike, while I sit inside and do nothing. They said that I can't ride it because i don't know how, and when I ask them to teach me how to ride it, they say %26quot;what would your mom say?%26quot; But she wouldn't care, and I am actually a very good driver and I am talented at things like that. Will someone please tell me how to ride a clutch?How do I ride a dirtbike with a clutch?It really a feel you get. But, as you turn the throttle, start letting out on the clutch. If, it sound like the engine bog down give just and little more throttle. As you get moving you can throttle a little faster and let the clutch out a little faster.

This the best I know to explain, works similar with cars.



OK, I found you a video on YouTube. It may be of help. The guy not great at this but it may help. This a street bike, but, basically the same.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdySkge4aHow do I ride a dirtbike with a clutch?ha ian ya dumb *****

Report Abuse

How do I ride a dirtbike with a clutch?you just have to let the clutch out slowly not to fast but slow you will start to feel it pull then you give it little by little of gas!!!

Report Abuse

How do I ride a dirtbike with a clutch?alright when your sitting still your in first, start to leave the clutch go dont let it go completley... then give it a little gass i got it on my first try its not as hard as you think and the changing gears is just like a caryou clutch then lift the thing up with your foot make shure you let the gas go while you holding the clutch go and you should be gravy.... just be careful youll start to do stupid **** fast it only took me like 3 times until i tried to ride a catwalkHow do I ride a dirtbike with a clutch?Okay its really simple im 12 and learned it in 15 min. U hold in the clutch and slowly give it a little gas while slowly letting the clutch go, if you don't let go fast enough it will die, but to fast and youll do a very painful whellie grab it in whenever u switch gears and youll be goodHow do I ride a dirtbike with a clutch?Here's a very simple explanation of how the clutch works: There are plates that slip against each other until the clutch is fully released.



Your goal in using the clutch is to let the lever out slow and not let the RPM drop too much. Very slowly add throttle as you let the clutch out.



When I first learned to ride with a clutch nobody told me to add throttle and I was getting a little bored from riding dirt bikes (or stalling dirt bikes). The first thing to do if you are riding your first bike and it has a clutch is to not be afraid of the bike. If you are afraid that you will flip over you will do something stupid and flip over. Once a new rider learns the bike will only go as fast as you let it they won't be as afraid.



I know a lot of people who never use the clutch when shifting up or down. The only time you HAVE to use the clutch is when you're cornering or pulling up a steep hill. Basically the reason you use the clutch when shifting is to keep the gears from wearing out, but from what I read on the newsgroups the clutch is more likely to wear out than the gears on a dirt bike, so you want to save wear and tear on it. There have been some interesting discussions along these lines on the forums on dirtrider.net.



I tend to use the clutch for shifting when I have time, but if I hit something unexpected or I'm half way up a hill and need more power, I just kick it down and don't worry about the clutch. Sometimes it's just more important to hold on than to pull the clutch. GOOD LUCKHow do I ride a dirtbike with a clutch?Go with the advice above and check out all the YouTube vids out there that you can possibly find. Three things to remember that helped me ....



1. When you feel you're freaking out and can't control the bike, just squeeze BOTH the hand clutch (left side) and the front break (right side) -- this disengages the power from the engine and slows you down. More importantly, it gives you back control of the bike (you'll never want to fight the motor because it'll win, so simply disengage it by squeezing the heck out of that clutch). This way you can stop the bike, get your balance back, relax, breath, and think about what went wrong and how to not do it that again ... then start back up again when you get your confidence back. Remember, squeeze BOTH.



2. When you make a stop, make sure you downshift all the way down to first gear (with clutch engaged, of course). You won't be able to get the bike moving again under its own power if not in first gear. The engine will quit on you if you're not in first.



3. From stop, while in first gear, EASE the clutch out while throttleing up to get moving. You'll want to practice doing this alot (in first gear, stop, go, stop, go , stop, go, etc.) on safe flat area until you get a feel of how your motor engages in first gear. After some practice, you'll notice that this will become second nature to you.



Hope that helps!How do I ride a dirtbike with a clutch?Sorry bud! What you want really requires someone to show you how. Anyone that just says do like this on here is pulling your chain.



Try your local motorcycle dealer or repair shop. They like making new customers and many very freindly.



If that fails take a motorcycle riding course. Remember you only get one head ALWAYS WEAR A HELMET!



People that don't are fools and one day they will be a vegatable for being such a fool.