Monday, September 19, 2011

How can I challenge my dealer's assertion that my clutch needs replacing after 15Kmiles due to wear and tear?

I have driven for 45 years and for most of that time I have driven new cars, changing them every 2 years with between 30000 and 40000 miles on the clock. I have never had to replace a clutch. I am a steady driver and more than half my driving will be long distance.How can I challenge my dealer's assertion that my clutch needs replacing after 15Kmiles due to wear and tear?Call the district office and complain - unfortunately, unless there's a causal part such as a rear main seal leak or a broken component found, the clutch disk is considered a wearable item much like brake pads and all you can really do is throw yourself at the mercy of the company.How can I challenge my dealer's assertion that my clutch needs replacing after 15Kmiles due to wear and tear?U HAVE TO COMPLAIN TO CORPORATE.... CHECK THERE SITE FOR NUMBERHow can I challenge my dealer's assertion that my clutch needs replacing after 15Kmiles due to wear and tear?HI

If you clutch does not slip, if its not leaking fluid then it does not need replace.. Check the owner manual and see what it says about clutch replacement..

good luck

timHow can I challenge my dealer's assertion that my clutch needs replacing after 15Kmiles due to wear and tear?Go to a reputable tranny shop and see what they say.How can I challenge my dealer's assertion that my clutch needs replacing after 15Kmiles due to wear and tear?If it is new and under warranty theywill fix it under their nickel, 15K is a low miles for a clutch,even in a street racer.