Monday, September 19, 2011

How do I use a fan clutch wrench set for GMC?

I'm trying to replace my water pump and the fan clutch screw directly onto the water pump. I don't quite understand how to use the wrench set, looking at it does not make me feel comfortable using it. I would appreciate all replies. Thanks!How do I use a fan clutch wrench set for GMC?You have to turn the bolt the opposite way in wich the fan turns when motor is running, lock up the fan with one tool and turn bolt with the other, they are pretty tough spray some wd on it and let it soak spray some more take your time wear gloves.How do I use a fan clutch wrench set for GMC?you need a spanner wrench with 2 small screws in it. those go into the water pump pulley, you'll see 2 holes in the pulley that correspond to the screws on the spanner wrench. the other wrench is used to loosen the nut while holding the water pump pulley still.