Friday, September 23, 2011

Car doesn't blow cold air. How to get my the air conditioner compressor clutch to engage?

I have a 2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser. A/C blows, but not cold. I've been looking around a bit, and found that the clutch on the air conditioner compressor won't engage. I've tried jumping the plug on the accumulator (I believe that's the low pressure switch?), but it still doesn't engage. Where should I check to see if the compressor is getting juice at all?Car doesn't blow cold air. How to get my the air conditioner compressor clutch to engage?check volts at the compressor clutch plug or put 2 jumper wire on the plug one with 12 v. pos the other with 12 v. neg

if the clutch is good you will hear the plate %26quot;snap %26quot; shut .also the motor DOESN'T need to be running when doing this test... be safe !!Car doesn't blow cold air. How to get my the air conditioner compressor clutch to engage?There is a low pressure switch on AC compressors so they won't run if the collant escapes. You need to recharge the system, stop the leak while you are at it, and once you have it recharged, the clutch should engage.