Friday, September 23, 2011

I have a 1720 cub cadet the elec clutch began to slip. how much should i tighten the clutch if at all?

when the clutch slips the elec pto switch will shut off on its own and will not stay on unless i hold it on or let the mower cool down.I have a 1720 cub cadet the elec clutch began to slip. how much should i tighten the clutch if at all?The electric clutch on my sears says to adjust the three nylon locknuts until the space between clutch plate and rotor measures .012%26quot; at all slot location cut in the side of the brake plate. That is all it says other than take it to the dealer. I have looked at mine and it is easy to find the nylon nuts and the slots. I am guessing here that they all use the same clutch. I know that they cost quiet a bit, around $250.00 Hope this helps some.