Monday, September 19, 2011

If I burn the clutch, will I have to replace the transmission?

I'm learning manual transmission, so when I burn the clutch (add too much gas and not let out enough clutch), does this affect the transmission at all, or just wear out the clutch itself?

Also how much do auto shops charge on average to replace it on a 2002 Civic?If I burn the clutch, will I have to replace the transmission?no ! just the clutch and also look at the flywheel too because if the clutch is burnt then the flywheel is too. the clutch is separate from the transmission.If I burn the clutch, will I have to replace the transmission?Last question first. TOO MUCH.

Next, you will only damage the transmission when you start grinding gears while shifting. Replace the clutch when it's toast, before you wreck the trans.If I burn the clutch, will I have to replace the transmission?if you burn the clutch your going to replace the clutch early, as long as there's no grinding your transmission's going to be fine.



auto shops will charge you a lot like $500 - $1000